My name is Melissa and and I’m really passionate about sexual and reproductive health. My goal is to normalize talking openly about these topics through unbiased, non-judgmental and inclusive information.
A bit about me:
- I am a Master’s candidate in sexology (research and intervention) at l’Université du Québec à Montréal. My thesis title is A qualitative study of the psychosexual experiences of late emerging adult female virgins and explores the subjective experiences of female virgins aged 24-29 years old through in-depth individual interviews. My research is part of a larger project called DiverJe: Diversité des trajectoires d’adultes vierges in the DESAJ Laboratory at UQÀM directed by Marie-Aude Boislard, Ph.D.
- I am a founding organizer and abortion doula for the The Montreal Abortion Access Project (MAAP).
- I am an educator. I design and facilitate workshops and programs for schools, community organizations, private groups, and individuals. I write, speak, and consult on reproductive and sexual health and used to write a weekly column called Sex & Pancakes for The Link Newspaper.
- I am a full-spectrum doula. I support folks throughout their reproductive health journeys. My services include support and accompaniment during birth and abortion, as well as all other experiences related to reproductive and sexual health. I completed the MotherWit CORE Holistic birth doula training in 2015 and an apprenticeship with Lesley Everest in 2016.
- I am the creator of a line of natural skincare products called Lux.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts from Concordia University in Communication Studies and Human Relations, minor in Interdisciplinary studies in Sexuality (2012)
If you’d like to know more or book me for a workshop email me at hello[at]melissafuller.ca.
Please note: I do not diagnose or give advice, only information and resources.